These cookies are the kind that go great with coffee,not a moist cookie but a rolled up dry cookie filled with jam and nuts and covered with powdered sugar. So delicious!
So here is the recipe, the fun part is that the dough is made in the food processor.
Jelly Roll Cookies
3 and half cups of flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
3/4 cup of powdered sugar
2 sticks of butter (cut into cubes)
2/3 cup of milk
1 and half cups of strawberry jam or date spread
1 cup of crushed walnuts
3/4 cup of raisins
Powdered sugar to sprinkle on top.
1. Place first four ingredients in food processor and process using the metal blade.
2. Add the milk and pulse until you get nice dough.
3. Divide the dough into 3 parts. Roll each part into a thin rectangle.
4. Spread with 1/3 of jam and then sprinkle with 1/3 of nuts and 1/3 of raisins.
5. Gently roll up the dough like you would a jelly roll and place on a baking sheet with the opening facing down. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Use your knife to score the top (every 2 cm) so that they will be easy to cut into cookies later.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until golden.
7. Let them cool and then cut them. Sprinkle with sugar.